kids cooking saladPosted: September 10, 2010
Remember our delicious salad that we had at our kids cooking cook-out?
Many of you loved the fresh flavors from the herbs, the easy-to-make croutons and the home-made ranch dressing. It was a salad full of flavor and so different from the standard iceberg lettuce salads a lot of us are used to. Many of you requested the recipe – here it is, go make it for your families!
Fresh Herb Salad with Homemade Croutons & Ranch Dressing - 4 servings
- 1-2 head romaine lettuce, cleaned and torn into pieces
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
Clean all vegetables very well. Layer lettuce in the bottom of bowl, top with cucumber slices, carrots and cabbage. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- cooking spray
- garlic powder
Toast bread until golden brown and crunchy. Spray with a bit of cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder.
Cut into 1″ pieces.