smoothie barPosted: July 29, 2010
Our last week of camp we had a smoothie bar with Mitch, the smoothie pro. Paired with a piece of whole-grain toast and 1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter, our smoothies rounded out breakfast perfectly. We tried a variety of flavors and everyone got to make their own combination using just the ingredients that they like!
- Protein (from a powder, greek yogurt, pb, etc.)
- Fat (from peanut butter, coconut oil, etc)
- Creamy factor (milk, yogurt, frozen banana)
- Good Stuff/Flavor (greens, cocoa powder, fruit, juice)
Smoothies are great because:
- they are easy and fast to make and can be eaten on-the-go!
- they can provide all of the meal components we need
- they are delicious and feel like a treat!
Our smoothie bar contained:
- Oikos Greek Yogurt (greek yogurt is a great source of protein and is super creamy!)
- Milk (Almond or Skim)
- 100% fruit juice (no added sugars)
- Frozen fruit (strawberries, bananas, etc)
- Amazing Grass SuperFood Greens
- Peanut Butter or protein powder
- Cocoa powder
*A special thanks to Oikos (Stonyfield) and Amazing Grass for donating product for us to use in our smoothie bar!
Banana Split Smoothie – 1 serving, recipe from Chili Peppers Cabin
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 scoop greens
Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Send us pictures of you drinking your smoothie and let us know if you’ve got a smoothie recipe that needs to be shared!