a better nachoPosted: September 16, 2010
You may recall our beef nachos that you all made this summer for a Saturday lunch. They went over quite well, as you might imagine and turned out to be a very filling meal.
Turns out they also make a wonderful dinner – you can even make the meat and vegetable part ahead of time and then throw the nachos together for a fast weeknight meal!
Beef & Veggie Nachos – 4 servings
- 16 oz grassfed beef (or lean ground beef)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can fiesta corn, drained
- seasonings: cumin, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheese
- toppings: chopped tomatoes, green onions, black olives, lettuce, salsa and sour cream
- 1 can refried black beans
Heat large pan. Add beef and onions to pan, cooking for about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and seasonings. Let simmer until no pink meat remains, about 4-5 minutes.
Heat can of refried beans or black beans and turn on broiler. Layer tortilla chips on pan. Top with beans, beef mixture and top with a sprinkle of cheese. Broil until the cheese has melted, about 3-4 minutes.
Serve nachos with additional toppings and napkins.