thanksgiving 2010: stuffingPosted: November 19, 2010
Herb & Mushroom Stuffing – 6 servings
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth* make sure this is gluten-free
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 5 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 – 8 oz package of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 loaf of whole-grain bread, toasted and cut into 1 inch pieces *or you can let bread sit out and get stale for a few days
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. When hot, add onions, celery, salt and pepper. Sauté for about 4 minutes, until translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, another 4-5 minutes. Stir in fresh herbs and set aside.
In a large bowl mix bread pieces, mushroom mix and 1 ½ cups hot broth. Stir to combine and pour into 9 x 13” greased pan. Pour 1 cup hot broth over the top and cover with foil. Bake for about 25 minutes, remove foil and bake for about 10 more minutes.