Parmesan-Crusted Turkey BreastPosted: December 22, 2010
There are times when another grilled chicken breast will just not do. Enter in this delicious and crispy turkey breast – sure to be a win with your family! And in addition to being delicious, this entire meal for 4 costs $7.69. That’s $1.92 per person! Take that fast food restaurants!
Parmesan-Crusted Turkey Breast – 4 servings – from Rachael Ray
- 4 baking potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 1/2 head broccoli, stems discarded and florets coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless turkey breast, cut into 4 pieces and pounded thin
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium pot of salted water, bring the potatoes to a boil and cook halfway to tender, about 7 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Add the butter and smash; season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, season the turkey with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, combine the panko and parmesan. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip each cutlet into the egg, then into the panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 2 cutlets and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 cutlets. Serve the cutlets with the broccoli-smashed potatoes.