oatmeal barPosted: September 21, 2011
We know that not everyone loves oatmeal as much as we do.
But what about when you add chopped fruit, peanut butter, really fun fruit spreads (from Hero Fruit Spreads), honey, cinnamon and struesel topping? It gets a whole lot more interesting.
We always strive for a balance of carbs, protein, fruits and vegetables and for good measure – good fats and dairy! So that plain or sugar-flavored oatmeal is lacking a few necessary food groups and substance.
Oats: Prepare one serving of plain oats.
- peanut butter (about 1 Tbsp)
- scoop of greek yogurt (about 1/4 cup)
- chopped fruit (about 1/4 cup)
- cinnamon, brown sugar (about 1tsp of cinnamon or 1 Tbsp of brown sugar)
- fruit spreads (we were sent Hero Fruit Spreadables to try – about 1 Tbsp)
- chopped nuts (about 1 Tbsp)
What is your favorite oatmeal topping?